Each year we have the public vote for their favorite quilts in a variety of categories. We call them Viewer’s Choice Awards.
A special thank you to Carey Ravare, who put together the most beautiful ribbons and sent them to us all the way from Indiana! She is a “long-distance” Pine Needler and we are thankful to have her in our group. She inspires us in so many ways, and we are thrilled to be able to present our winners with her handmade, specially designed ribbons, the likes of which have not been seen in any show across the country! So if you’ve been lucky enough to win one, you will certainly appreciate her artistry. Each one is unique and beautiful.
We would like to announce all of the award winners for the 2017 Viewer’s Choice and they are:
- Contemporary/Modern: 1st place – #2, “Pieces of My Heart” by Kathleen Frazer
- Best Traditional: 1st place – #43, “Fresh Lilacs” by Christine Daniels
- Best Small-Sized: 1st place – #1, “Bird’s Eye View” by Kathleen Frazer
- Best Applique: 1st place – #73, “Voila” by Sandie Massett
- Best Art/Color:1st place – #50, “Stella” by Cindy Sumner
- Best Challenge Fabric Piece: 1st place – #28, “Challenge Ciliates in Pink” by Carey Potter Ravare
- Best Quilting: 1st place – #39, “Twinkle Toes” by Martha Austin
- Honorable Mentions:
- #14, “Pansy Park” by Lora Seale
- #18, “Mexican Star” by Christine Daniels
- #41, “Blue Convergence” by Gerry Burr
- BEST OF SHOW: #3, “Harriot” by Kathleen Frazer
Congratulations to all of our winners! A huge thank you to our viewers, who recognized so much beauty and talent, and took the time to vote and support our show. Hope to see you again next year!
Quilt Show Director